We had our first cookout of the season a couple of weeks ago. I mean, we’ve grilled for dinner, but not with a fabulous buffet of sides to choose from. That’s what really makes a cookout, right?! My contribution to our last cookout was a pasta salad. Pasta is one of my favorite things, and to make this salad, I pretty much threw in a bunch of my other favorite things.
Creamy Garlic & Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 3 cups of pasta of choice (I used spirals, bow ties, and shells)
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 25 shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- garlic salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (try Chobani)
- 1 avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta and drain. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute shrimp in EVOO and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Sprinkle with cumin and garlic salt. Saute until cooked through. Let cool and slice in half.
- Slice avocado in half, and cube the meat of the fruit inside the shells with a knife. Scoop out of the shell into a large bowl. Add Greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Mix together, until Greek yogurt is completely mixed in, but leaving some of the avocado ‘chunky.’
- To large bowl with sauce, add pasta, veggies, and shrimp. Mix together to coat with avocado dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled.