It’s finally fall! Maybe not officially yet, but close enough. Which means soups are no longer taboo, even if it is still over 90 degrees in Texas. Fall was my favorite season back in Wisconsin. The weather is amazing. And it’s beautiful once the leaves start changing color! Sadly, we don’t get much of a fall season here. So, if I can’t have my fall weather, I will have my fall foods!
This creamy asparagus soup is a recipe revamp of one I posted long ago. When I remake old recipes, I like to ‘wing it’ and see whether I make it the same or not. This one turned out a bagillion times better. Or maybe I just haven’t made it in a while and forgot what it tastes like.
Either way, it’ll rock your socks.
Creamy Asparagus Soup
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped in 2 inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- dash of white pepper
- 2 wedges Creamy Swiss Laughing Cow
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onions and garlic in 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- Once onions are translucent, add remaining chicken broth, asparagus, and Laughing Cow. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until asparagus is tender. Stir occasionally to melt cheese.
- Remove from heat. Puree broth and veggie mixture.
- Transfer to a sauce pan. Add seasonings. Heat on low for 3-5 minutes.
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.2 g
Saturated Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 3.3 mg
Sodium 571.7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 8.6 g
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 6.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
I had two servings of this for dinner one night, with some Feta crumbles sprinkled on top. So delicious!