Back when I was looking for healthy sugar free snack substitutes, I mentioned cocoa-roasted almonds as one of the snacks I wanted to get my hands on. If you’ve never had these, you don’t know what you’re missing! We had just bought a huge bag of almonds, and I didn’t feel like going to spend the money on another jar of them. Then I realized I had all the ingredients to make a version of my own at home. It’s amazing the number of ingredients you stock pile in your pantry once you actually learn how to cook!
Oven-roasted nuts are fabulous. I never had homemade ones until Kyle made some for a fried rice recipe a couple years ago. Surprisingly, I haven’t done it many times since. They are super easy to make.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon natural honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Add almonds to a large bowl, and drizzle honey over the top. Mix together with a spoon to ensure all almonds are coated.
- Mix together cocoa powder and corn starch. Sprinkle over the top of the almonds. Mix again to make sure they are completely coated.
- Spread evenly on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping them over every 5 minutes.
Have you ever tried cocoa roasted almonds?