Cauliflower Pasta Sauce with Zoodles
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- two 16 oz cans of tomato sauce
- one 16 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2.5 teaspoons basil
- 2.5 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- enough zucchini to make as many zoodles as you want to eat
Roasted Chickpeas (optional)
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
To Roast Chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse chickpeas. Add to a bowl and toss with olive oil.
- Spread on a roasting pan and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
Sauce and Zoodles
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces. I pulled apart the head so the cauliflower and chopped any remaining stems into smaller pieces.
- Chop onion.
- Place a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add oil, minced garlic and red onion. Saute until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and saute additional 5 minutes.
- Add sauce, tomatoes and spices. Mix well. Cover, then lower heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes until cauilflower is soft.
- While sauce is cooking, spiralize zucchini.
- Place a second pan on medium heat. Add zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat.
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/cauliflower-pasta-sauce-with-zoodles/