Another taco recipe? Don’t mind if I do!
I was slightly skeptical about putting fruit on pork tenderloin… or fruit with any kind of meat for that matter. I know we served pineapple on the ham for Easter, but I didn’t eat it as a combo. But, I’m never one to pass on trying a new food! I’m glad I gave it a shot, because it was delicious!
This recipe is great to reheat, and makes about 8 4 oz servings. Perfect for lunch or dinner!
Cajun Pineapple Pork Tenderloin Tacos
- 2 pound extra lean pork tenderloin
- 4 pineapple rings, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- approx 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- approx 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning (we used this one)
- lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Place pork tenderloin in a container. Shake Worchestershire to cover top of pork. Coat with pineapple juice, and place pineapple on top. Dust with creole seasoning and fresh ground pepper to taste. Cover and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Add meat and marinade into crock pot, placing pineapple on top. Squirt lime juice to cover top of pork.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred and serve with fresh pineapple.