- 1 16 oz package of buttermilk biscuits (we used reduced fat)
- 2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 3.5 oz turkey pepperoni, cut in half
- 8 oz ground turkey (93/7)
- 5.75 oz can of black olives, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 3 mushrooms, diced
- 3 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons basil
- 1.5 tablespoons oregano
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground turkey. Season with 1/2 tablespoon basil, 1/2 tablespoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, pour in tomato sauce. Add 1 tablespoon basil, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the biscuits into 1 inch pieces. Place into a large bowl, and press in the minced garlic.
- Add 1 cup of sauce, along with all of the meat, veggies and 2 cups of cheese (‘toppings’). Mix together well. Easiest if you use your hands!
- Pour mixture into a large baking pan that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup of sauce over the top. Sprinkle on the last cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until biscuits are cooked all the way through.
- Let sit about 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/bubble-up-pizza/