Quick recipe post for you today! I made these for my brother this week. He didn’t like black beans until he tried these!
Black Bean Fajita Quesadillas
- shredded colby jack cheese
- black beans
- red onion
- red pepper
- chicken tenderloins (or chicken breast)
- McCormick Fajita Seasoning mix
- whole wheat tortillas
- Begin by chopping fresh vegetables and shredding cheese.
- Slice chicken into strips. In a skillet over medium-high heat, drizzle EVOO and add chicken. Sprinkle fajita mix over chicken, and add 1/4 cup of water. Cook until done.
- Place a separate skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray (I tried using butter, but this seemed to work easier.) Place one tortilla on the skillet, and layer with cheese, chicken, beans, and veggies. Place second tortilla on top, and flip until each side is browned.
- Serve with avocado or salsa.
Kyle and I have been dabbling with black beans in several recipes lately. Let me tell you, these quesadillas did not disappoint! After my quesadilla, I decided to make up a taco, because I was still a little hungry but didn’t want to eat too much.
By the looks of that picture, I probably wasn’t eating much less besides a second tortilla anyways…
Do you often cook with black beans? What are your favorite ways to eat them?