If you are low on time, you can also poach the chicken prior to adding it into the crockpot. To do this, boil the chicken breasts in a pot for 25 minutes until cooked all the way through. Once cooked, let slightly cool and shred with a fork. Then add to the crockpot along with the rest of the ingredients, and cook for 1 hour on low.
I’v done it this way before, and it turned out great!
Black Bean Chili Chicken
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup plain Chobani Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Add chicken breast to a crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Using a tongs, twist apart chicken so it is completely shredded. Scoop out or drain remaining juices.
- Add remaining ingredients into crockpot and stir into chicken. Cook additional hour on low.