Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Yield 4 servings
- 2 cups dry whole wheat macaroni noodles
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon panko
- extra 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook macaroni noodles until al dente (about 8 minutes).
- Place chopped spinach in a strainer. Drain macaroni over spinach to wilt.
- Add wilted spinach and macaroni back to the pot.
- Stir in cheese, egg, and greek yogurt.
- Once mixed, stir in seasonings and almond milk.
- Pour casserole in a pan. Sprinkle panko and extra cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 16.3 g
Saturated Fat 7.4 g
Unsaturated Fat 4.8 g
Cholesterol 93.8 mg
Sodium 335.9 mg
Total Carbohydrates 44.5 g
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 22.4 g
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/baked-macaroni-cheese/