5 Ingredient Spaghetti Squash with Pasta Sauce
Yield 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 jar of Victoria's marinara sauce (or other sauce of choice)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- optional: your own pasta seasoning blend if you like extra flavor/spice, but you don't really need it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes.
- While squash is cooking, place a skillet over medium heat. Brown ground turkey.
- Once turkey is cooked, add red onion. Cook until sauteed.
- Pour in sauce and tomatoes. Also add additional seasonings if desired. Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Once spaghetti squash has cooked for 25 minutes, remove and let cook for a few minutes. Then take a fork and shred the meat of the squash into it's spaghetti-like form.
- Serve spaghetti squash with pasta sauce.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Unsaturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 1276 mg
Total Carbohydrates 35 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 28 g
Recipe by Slim Sanity at https://slimsanity.com/5-ingredient-spaghetti-squash-with-pasta-sauce/