Who doesn’t love a simple healthy dessert? Try this no bake healthy peanut butter fudge when your next sweet craving strikes!
Whoa guys. I had time to blog.
There still hasn’t been any time spent in the kitchen, but I had a handful of recipes up my sleeve waiting to be edited and written so HERE.I.AM. [Not] writing about no bake healthy peanut butter fudge…While Brooklyn is sort of sleeping/sort of awake. Her awake time is hit or miss the last week on whether or not I can do anything except hold her precious little nugget self. And, I suppose that’s okay. The new me is trying really hard to roll with the punches as they come these days. Not that it isn’t taking a lot of acceptance, prayer and tears to figure it out. Being a mom is hard. Harder than being pregnant.
I probably should have read some parenting books to make up for my lack of knowledge about anything baby instead of deciding to just ‘wing it.’ I figured intuition would be enough. As it turns out, experience is about the only thing that really gets you through it. I’ve been leaning on our mothers, Kyle’s sister and my close friends for many of my ‘WTF do I do’ moments. And luckily for me, Kyle has had experience with babies before. Brooklyn is my very first real interaction with a baby since…ever. He’s taught me quite a bit in this whole parenting process so far. I have also found that he’s listened a lot better in any of our classes/pediatricians appointments than I have too. Serious #momfail on my part. Although I might blame exhaustion for all of that. That’s fair, isn’t it?
It’s a good thing she’s so damn cute…or you’d find me locked in my bedroom watching my Harry Potter DVDs eating a pan of this fudge. So far I’ve only been watching Harry Potter, so I haven’t completely lost my sanity yet. Although I have to say, Brooklyn is three weeks today and I feel like I am starting to maybe, kinda, sorta, get the hang of this mom thing. Kyle and I are melding together all the advice and knowledge we have to find a method of parenting that works best for us. AND my mom is coming into town today for the next nine days, and my sister and brother are flying in too, so I’ll have plenty of help to get us through the one month mark. I am fairly confident that at that point, I’ll be well on my way to feeling (more) confident.
Enough about mom life for now…I’ll fill you in on all the other juicy details at another time. Right now I want to direct your attention back to dessert. Because chocolate and peanut butter. Mixed together in a bowl (with some other stuff) and dumped in a pan. Then placed in a freezer. Then viola! Dessert. Can it get easier than that?
Maybe it could if you made something out of a box. But don’t do that. Give this one a try instead!
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to start melting.
- Add peanut butter, and microwave additional 30 seconds. Repeat until chocolate chips are melted. Add coconut oil, then microwave additional 30 seconds.
- Stir until completely mixed, then stir in the cocoa powder.
- Pour mixture in a glass pan. You can line the pan with parchment paper for easier removal of the pieces, but this is optional.
- Melt additional tablespoons of peanut butter, and drizzle in lines in the fudge mixture. Drag a knife across the peanut butter lines to make the pattern on top.
- Freeze for about an hour. Remove from fridge, let thaw a few minutes then cut or snap into pieces.