Man, I’ve been so busy I hadn’t had time to edit these pictures until Sunday! This recipe is from well over a week ago…I can’t even remember when. I know I’ve seen lots of balls posted here lately, and here you go…my first balls recipe. 😉
This recipe was similar to my turkey meatloaf recipe, but a few changes. Most drastically in shape, although I did cook them in the same pan.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 medium sized red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon of Savory All-Purpose Seasoning mix by McCormick
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together all ingredients with hands. Form into 12-14 palm size ball shapes (yup, get your hands dirty!)
- Over medium heat, swirl EVOO onto a hot skillet. Brown outside of meatballs until just golden.
- Add meatballs to a breadpan or other baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until cooked through the middle.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
I served my meatballs with whole wheat thin spaghetti. I made a sauce using one tablespoon of butter and a whole can of diced tomato. I then seasoned it with basil, oregano, and garlic salt to taste. We then topped each dish with four meatballs and grated Parmesan.
Time to dig in!
This dish was soo good! Although I must say, four meatballs was way too much. I could have stopped at three. And should have…but they were in my bowl, and those balls stood no chance.
Did this post remind you of Spaghetti-o’s and Meatballs? Gosh, that was one of my most favorite treats as a kid! Maybe even as an adult… 🙂