Hello friends! I have another guest post for you today. Please welcome Dixya!
Hi Slim Sanity readers,
I am Dixya from Food, Pleasure, and Health and I’d like to thank Alysia for letting me hang out with you all today. You guys, I love the combo of cranberry + almond as seen in this biscotti and stovetop granola…and I almost always have these ingredients in my pantry. If you are into homemade snacks and like to have something pre/post workout, dinner, or because you want something sweet—Frozen Yogurt Bark with Almonds, Cranberries, and Chia Seeds might do it for you. It’s super easy, full of nutrients, flexible, and something you can be made way ahead of time!
Greek yogurt is a nutritional power house for nutrients like protein, probiotics, and vitamins/minerals such as potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, iodine, zinc, and vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). I used Vanilla Greek Yogurt here but feel free to use plain yogurt with 2-3 tablespoon honey if you’d like. Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, omega -3 fatty acids, and fiber all of which are good for our health.
Frozen Yogurt Bark with Almonds, Cranberries and Chia Seeds is hardly a recipe, it’s rather an idea for a snack which you can totally customize to your needs. Don’t like cranberries? Swap it up goji berries or freeze dried blueberries. Not a fan of almonds? Go for pistachios. Flax seeds might work well instead of chia seeds if that’s what you like. Whatever dried fruits, nuts, and seeds you use, I hope you and your loved one will enjoy it as much as I did!
- 2 cups Greek yogurt of your choice
- ¼ cup unsweetened cranberries
- 2-3 tablespoon chia seeds
- generous ½ cup chopped almonds
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Evenly spread yogurt on the parchment paper.
- Gently stir in cranberries, almonds, and chia seeds and give it a nice, even swirl.
- Cover the sheet pan with plastic wrap and freeze it overnight.
- Break the bark into pieces and store it in freezer friendly zip lock bags.