Y’all know I have no problem with eating our delicious full fat, comfort foods once in a while. On a holiday, we are definitely allowed one day to indulge. As long as we follow the one GUILT FREE rule, that is! 😉
But sometimes it’s nice to try out some healthier options for sides! I mean, many times they DO taste just as good. Right?
I was actually banned by my sisters from making any healthy substitutions last year—apparently they had little faith I could pull off anything remotely close to the ‘real thing.’ This year for the holidays, I’m gonna do it anyway. YUP! Maybe not with everything, but I’ll definitely pull a few different options out of the kitchen that I am SURE everyone will love—and devour.
If you need some ideas for healthier options, or you just want to try something different, then I am here the rescue! I’ve got a round-up of 25 different recipes you can try out—all Slim Sanity approved.
1. Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast via Barefoot Contessa
2. Easy Oven-Roasted Turkey via Peas and Crayons
3. Easiest Garlic Mashed Potatoes via Pinch of Yum
4. Perfect Mashed Sweet Potatoes via Can You Stay For Dinner
5. Honey Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes via Buns in my Oven
6. Lightened Up Stuffing via Skinnytaste
7. Sausage and Wild Rice Stuffing via The Lean Green Bean
9. Skinny Green Bean Casserole via Give Recipe
10. Broccoli Quinoa Casserole via Eat Good 4 Life
11. Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Casserole via Yummy Healthy Easy
13. Zucchini and Onion Au Gratin via Cooking Light
15. Orange Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash via HeartBeet Kitchen
16. Clean Green Bean Casserole with Parmesan Crumb Topping via iFood Real
17. Greek Yogurt Dinner Rolls via The Lean Green Bean
18. Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls via Texanerin Baking
19. Crockpot Cranberry Sauce via Peas and Crayons – trust me, this is the only cranberry sauce you should EVER make!
22. Bacon and Cream Cheese Wrapped Asparagus via High Heels and Grills
23. Paleo Pumpkin Pie via The Healthy Maven
24. Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie via The Gracious Pantry
25. Healthy Chocolate Pecan Pie via Chocolate Covered Katie