Follow this blog with Bloglovin’
As I said last week, I’ve been really into making soup this fall. This was my first batch of chili this season, and it certainly won’t be my last! This is hands down the best chili I’ve ever made. The man even told me so! I won’t argue with him over that one. And it even has beans in it.
Down here in Texas, they say ‘real chili’ isn’t made with beans. I beg to differ, since up in Wisconsin, every batch of chili I ate was loaded with them. So then, what does make chili… chili? Seems to be an unanswered question – at least according to Google!
I say, chili is whatever you want it to be. And this one is loaded with chicken, chili powder, and black and white beans! Not only is this delicious, it’s one of the easiest recipes you’ll make!
- 1 16 oz can low sodium black beans
- 1 16 oz can low sodium white beans
- 10 oz shredded chicken thigh meat, cooked (or chicken breast!)
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 16 oz salsa verde (I used Herdez)
- 1 16 oz can chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Saute red onion over medium heat.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse beans. (Rinsing well removes more of the sodium.)
- In a large crock pot, add all ingredients.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
Do you think chili should have beans in it? What is your favorite kind?