I’m writing this to you on 8:00 PM Tuesday night, hoping I finish before I zonk out on NyQuil. I wasn’t quite up to par this morning. Crossing my fingers that the magic meds will allow me to get out of bed with a clear enough head for Insanity at 5:00 AM. I think my sights are set a little high. Maybe a run in the afternoon will have to suffice!
Anyhow, here are my eats for WIAW!
[breakfast] one whole egg + egg white over hard with wheat toast and asparagus pesto [snack] apple and natural peanut butter [lunch] wheat tortilla with chicken breast lunch meat, a little cheddar & mozzarella shredded cheese, and lots of avocado [snack] brussels sprouts with homemade tomato sauce [more snacks] a bread recipe by my friend Bijoy… I have to try this one again, it didn’t quite rise like I’d hoped initially, I think I got the yeast mixture wrong. Will try again! [dinner] grilled veggie stuffed porkchops with brown rice
- a ton of porkchops on sale (9 to be exact)
- 1 cup panko
- 1 whole green pepper, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 gala apple, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ground pepper, salt, parsley to taste
- Slice a pocket into each porkchop, very carefully.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic, red onion, and panko. Add crusehd red pepper. Lastly mix in the apple.
- Stuff each porkchop with the veggie mixture. Once full, toothpick them closed. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Grill porkchops for 25-30 minutes, flipping half way though, until internal temperature is 160-170 degrees.
Hope you enjoyed my WIAW!