Follow this blog with Bloglovin’
We had a head of cauliflower that we needed to use up last night (always great inspiration), and decided to look for a new recipe instead of making my delicious go-to roasted cauliflower. We came up with this Paleo Cauliflower Chicken Casserole, which originated from a cooking blog called Maoomba. We added and subbed some ingredients depending on what we had in the kitchen.
- one head of cauliflower
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- one red bell pepper, chopped
- one green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tablespoon Southwest Chipotle seasoning
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt, as desired
- 3 chicken breasts, chopped
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 3 Tbs cilantro
- EVOO or bacon fat for sauteing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Steam for 5-7 minutes.
- While cauliflower is cooking, cook chicken in skillet over medium-high heat, using drizzled EVOO to cook. (You can also use previously baked chicken)
- Cook 6 strips of bacon. Set aside, and use small amount of grease from bacon to saute red pepper. Saute for 3 minutes, then add green onion and garlic. Saute additional 2 minutes.
- Into a mixing bowl, stir cauliflower, chili powder, cumin, chipotle seasoning, and salt. Once stirred, add sauteed veggies, chicken, bacon, tomato, and cilantro.
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish, and pour mixture into dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve. (Makes about 4 servings)
This dish is a great option for dinner, and tastes just as good leftover. It works as a meal on its own, or could be served with a side. If you want to un-paleo this dish, you could serve it over rice or quinoa! We added a little bit of grated Parmesan to the top of our servings.
We figured this dish made about four servings, because the two of us only finished half of the casserole on hungry stomachs!
What is your favorite cauliflower recipe?